Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

Tuesday October 29th, 2008

Outside My Window... Most of the leaves are gone, my lawn littered with them.  I suppose we should rake them up, but since the large birch tree beside us is still bursting with yellow leaves, it seems like it would be such a waste.  I wonder if my neighbor can handle the messy lawn for a few more days... poor man, living downwind from us.

This week...  Trying to stretch the last of the grocery money and the food in the pantry to make enough meals and snacks to last until payday on friday.  Thank God for chocolate chips!  

I am thinking... about the coming winter, and looking forward to cozy afternoons in a warm kitchen, and quiet evenings by the fireplace with a cup of tea and a good book.  I'm such a homebody.

I am thankful for... generous friends who by their actions let me know that God is taking care of me.

From the kitchen...  Better-than-wheat chocolate chip cookies.  yummy!  

From the Learning room... watercolors again, Ancient Rome: Julius Caesar, The Hundred Dresses, multiplication and fractions, the letter G.

I am wearing... comfy skirt and tshirt, hair in a bun, bare feet.   (my feet are freezing and I really should get some nice feminie slippers to wear around the house).

I am creating...  Mittens!!  Ok, make that part of 1 mitten (so far). I lost two of my needles (I need 4), so it's still in progress).  I want to make a set for each kid... so I guess that makes 9 more to go!!

I am reading...   The Two Towers (Lord of the Rings part 2).  Again, I'm loving Tolkien the second time around. It's so much easier to read this time.  I'm also still making my way through Come Be My Light.  What a beautiful book!

I am hoping... The American election turns out for the best.  I am praying that the country can come together after the election and bridge the divisions that are growing wider each day.

Around the house... Toy trains, little people, books, more books, art supplies, tiny pieces of paper and glue-stick lids, smiling children, piles of laundry, beautiful music.... the usual.

One of my favorite things... cookie dough.  Shhh! don't tell my mom. (it has raw eggs in it)... don't worry, I don't give it to the kids.  I sneak it when they aren't looking LOL.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... comming up with the annual All Hallows Eve costumes.  Going to a halloween party at our church, searching out good gluten-free candy, enjoying the remaining few days of fall. Trying to survive the biannual daylight savings week torture.

Here is picture thought I am sharing... 

Translation: Carthage and rome fought with each other.  Rome won.  A rich family in Rome had a son. They named him Caesar.  "Why are you so sad?"... "I'm sad because I want to be like Alexander the Great!"

No comments: