Sunday, March 25, 2007

Six months old!!

God be praised, I have lived through the first six months of the twins life!!

I can hardly believe it has gone by so fast. Soon enough they'll be crawling and getting into all sorts of trouble, led by their bigger sister H, so I'll let you know in another 6 months if I'm still alive LOL.

So...what do I have to show for the past 6 months?


  • big dark circles under my eyes, and nearly constant yawning from serious sleep deprivation.... but many hours of precious one on one time with each baby away from all of the noise and chaos of the day.

  • An abundance of baby things strewn throughout the house: 4 highchairs, 2 booster seats, 2 bouncy chairs, 2 baby carseats, 1 crib, 1 toddler bed, 3 bassinets, 2 playpens, 2 mei tais, 2 slings, countless pieces of clothing, oodles of mix and matchless baby socks, diapers galore (dirty and clean)... and the joy of having been blessed with so many generous friends and family who helped us get everything and more.

  • A freezer that is never lonely, due to my frequent 4pm visits looking for an easy dinner... and a new appreciation for Spud (my organic grocery delivery service)

  • Strong arms from carrying two babies, and often two carseats with two babies inside... and a stronger will from forcing myself to get up when they cry in the night, when they cry at dinner time, and when they cry when everyone else is crying.

  • A brand new master bedroom that is so cozy and charming... and a very spacious nursery for the 3 older children complete with walk-in closet and ensuite bathroom (more on this in another post).

There is so much more of course, but for now, i'm off to bed or this post will be sent to the 'drafts' folder like all the other posts I never have time to finish. Happy 6 months babies!! (Peter is in the top picture, JP is in the bottom one)

No comments: