Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My big kids

These are my two big kids. Looking at how big they look sitting here, posing for grandma's Christmas card adventure, I smile. My oldest girl is so similar in both looks and temperment to myself, and my oldest boy is so similar in both respects to my husband.

These two were the perfect way to ease us into this journey of parenthood. They are both kind, gentle and generous. They are also very very goofy and fun. I enjoy them so much, and wonder in anticipation what they will be like when they are grown.

I hope they stay best friends their whole life. Being the biggest two of a large family, they share so many responsibilities and privilege's together... and homeschooling has kept them closer than most siblings would be at this age.

I can't help but wonder what our life would have been like if we had stopped at two kids like most of the culture around us... but more importantly how different these two would have been if they hadn't had the joy and responsibility of having little brothers and sisters to both play with and help take care of.

May God grant me the grace to be the best mommy I can for these wonderful children of mine... and may He grant them the grace to grow always in their self-giving love towards each other.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: