Last week I had lots of time to write about all the biggies because I was stuck in bed sick, and had the laptop to keep me company. This week will be considerably shorter considering the 5 children who all seem to need me the second I even think of typing something on the computer.
Thanks to Diane for hosting the carnival.
What am I thankful for this week?
the little, simple things:
1. The smell of cinnamon buns baking in my kitchen... and the sticky smiles of my children enjoying them. (a science experiment to follow up on our study of microbes -- yeast)
2. Books on tape, and Storynory that can entertain my children all day while I try to get some housework accomplished inbetween nursing and changing babies.
3. The nap that I was able to have yesterday afternoon when my dear friend Karin was here helping out with the babies
4. The six hours of sleep that the twins had before they woke me up to eat in the middle of the night, and the four hours right after that. Good babies!
5. The wonderful afternoon that Sean and I enjoyed without the kids last weekend while my amazing parents and sister babysat all five kids.
6. The cinnamon bun I just had for breakfast... yummy!
7. My new washer and dryer that allows me to do two and half loads at a time compared to my old one. LOVE it!!
9. Disposable diapers (we've used cloth with all the other kids, and i'm so happy that people have given us boxes and boxes of disposables as gifts for the twins, because as much as I love my new washer - see #7 above - I don't love washing diapers).
10. Real Learning, the book. I just bought this from Elizabeth Foss and I am enjoying every page.