Thursday, November 27, 2008

our week...


Wow, where does the time go?  This week we all had colds again, and an annoying eye infection that is plaguing the littles... so I didn't have any time at all for blogging, or even twittering.  

Oh dear dear computer, I hope you haven't missed me! I was, alas, having fun living my 'real' life.





Here's what we have been up to this week:

In school:  

  • Math- counting by 3s and 5s, multiplication of 10, 0, 1, 2, 3 and 5, telling time
  • History- we FINALLY finished our ancient history studies, and we're moving on next term!  We didn't spend as much time as I would have liked on Roman and Greek times, but I know we'll get back to it later.
  • Music-  E is moving along quickly in her piano lessons, and is enjoying the Girls Choir. Her Christmas concert at the Concert Hall is coming up very soon.
  • Science -  We're still moving slowly in our chemistry studies, learning about the periodic table, Marie Curie and molecules.
  • Latin -  Counting in Latin!! Unus, duo, tres, quattuor, quinque.  The kids love Latin.
  • Grammar -  Predicate Nominatives.  huh?
  • Art - more printmaking, and a special commissioned project for a nativity scene that E just finished.
  • Reading - Z is learning slowly to read!! He can read 3 letter words with short vowels, like CAT and MET and DOG.  Yay!!
 The littles:

I spent a lot of time just playing with the little ones this week.  They are all at such fun ages.  The twins are so curious about everything, and have no fear, and H the snapdragon is delightful with her exuberance and joy for life.  

Yesterday she learned how to ride a 2 wheel bike with training wheels.  I loved watching the proud look in her eyes as she conquered it.  The twins were having an equally fun time chasing her on their two little tricycles.  It was lovely to be outside enjoying carefree time with them.

On Tuesday a dear friend (since the days of junior high) came over with her little 2 year old, and we spent the day playing on the floor surrounded by blocks, trains, little people and books.  I love those slow, messy days, where I'm not feeling rushed or stressed.  

I hope you all are having a lovely day.

Don't forget to enter the CD giveaway for the Priests CD. You really should give it a listen, they are beautiful singers.

No comments: