Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Apple pies and Dinosaurs

Well it feels like I haven't written in my blog forever LOL... We've been so busy all of last week and the weekend.

On last weds we visited my grandma and she taught us how to make a perfect apple pie, and pie crust. She is an amazing cook, and we all had great fun baking and sampling the goodies. This is a woman who when she was close to my age was working as the only cook in a lumber camp, cooking for 8 or 9 grown men every day! She can cook the best food, and she never uses a cook book!! I aspire to be like her one day. Everyone needs a grandma like my grandma Sonia.



On Friday, daddy had the day off, and so we packed up the family and drove off to the dinosaur museum in Drumheller. Elizabeth's kindergarten school board Phoenix organized the trip, so we got in for free. First we went on a guided hike in the badlands through the hoodoos, and then Elizabeth got to an interpretive program where they learned about carnivores, herbavores and omnivores. Then we got to wander through the museum and look at all of the cool exhibits. Both Elizabeth and Zachariah loved it... it hasn't changed since I was a kid. I think the last time I went through the museum was when we went with my cousins years and years ago (junior high or late elementary school?... hey Jenny, remember my song I made up when we were in the motor home? "I love the Cloooooooooouuuuuuuuudddddddsss in the sky.... I love the birrrrrrdddsss that fly so high. I love the WWWWOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRLLLLLLLLDDD. But.. I hate asparagus." (LOL funny, I like asparagus now)

2 comments:

melanie said...

I knew Jenny would remember my amazing composition. She has lovingly written it down in musical notation for all of you to sing at your leisure:

Click here to see it:


Mel hates Asparagus

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Mom cooking with the kids!!!
Love, Aunt Val