Monday, January 16, 2006

Life with Kids Under the Age of Reason

... or Snippits of my weekend

E to her brother: "Do you want to play princess? You be the prince and I'll be the princess"

Z: "No! I don't want to be the prince, I want to be Tigger!!" (and he bounces her).

*******
Mommy: dancing to Great Big Sea (and looking quite cool, if I don't say so myself)

Z: "no!!! THAT'S not how you do it!"

Mommy (quite indignant): "Then how do you do it?"

Z: Jumps off his chair and proceeds to do a very good impression
of the dancing Santa Claus that his great Grandma has at her house

*******
Z: "I'm hungry! I want a snack!"

Mommy: handing him an apple "here you go sweetie"

Z: "NO!!!!!! THAT'S NOT A SNACK!! I WANT A SNACK!!!!"

Mommy: "This IS a snack!! EAT IT!"

Z: "NO!!!!! THAT'S NOT A SNACK!! I WANT A SNACK!!!!"

Mommy: "What's a snack then?"

Z: "A SNACK IS A SNACK"

*******
Mommy: trying to make dinner before daddy comes home

Z: "I WANT A SNACK!!!"

E: " What's for dinner? Can we have chicken nuggetts? what's for dessert?"

E: Looking on the stove, "AAAAAWWWWW! But I don't LIKE stirfry! "

H: " babababababa...." drops bowl of food on floor " WAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!"

Mommy: "SHHHHH!!! Will you all be QUIET?? We are having STIRFRY and NO SNACKS! and if you ask me again I'll..... I'll...."

H: "WAAAAAAHHHH!"

E: as Z hits her on the head " WAHHHHHHH!!!!!! MOMMY!!!! HE HIT ME!!"

Mommy: "Z, go sit on the stairs!"

Z: " I'm not Z, I'm tigger!"

Mommy: "GO SIT ON THE STAIRS!!!!"

Z: "WAAAAHHH!"

E: "WAAAAAHH!"

H: "WAAAAAHH!"

Mommy: trying to rescue the dinner that's burning, "When is that Dad of yours coming home??"

Smoke Alarm: "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!"

Mommy: "WAAAAAHH!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel, that is the funniest thing I have read in a LONG time. I havent laughed that hard for a very long time. Tyler and I were in stitches. Thanks for that.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

That's funny!

Jennifer said...

mel, seriously, keep writing stuff like this down and I will personally help you find a publisher.

Anonymous said...

I copied the transcript and e-mailed it to my friends who all hooted hysterically. Before that I printed it and read it to Jeri and Ed and Rob. Same reaction.